Article I Name, Purpose, and Goals
Section 1. Name
1. The Association shall be called South Jersey Kayak Bass Fishing Club (SJKBFC) and shall operate as a non-profit organization.Section 2. Purpose
1. To support and promote the sport of Bass fishing from paddle /pedal craft in Southern New Jersey and surrounding areas.Sections 3. Goals
Section 1. Eligibility Requirements
Section 2. Membership Fees
paid in full.
5. Membership dues and signup fees are not refundable under any circumstances.Section 3. Membership Rights
1. Membership gives an individual the right to fish in all club tournaments and other club events, hold club office, vote in club elections and other club business.Section 4. Guests
Guests can fish in any “Guest Invitational Events”. In the event that a guest becomes a member, all points accumulated fishing in tournaments as a guest, in a single year, will be applied to their Angler of the Year and Lunker Awards standings, as well as eligibility for the CLASSIC and any other applicable club awards.
Guests will earn winning tournament proceeds the same as members.Section 5. Associate Members
A maximum of five associate members to be voted in by active membership at the beginning of each season. Candidates are individuals who have been members for 3 years or more and assumed an inactive status. Associate members will pay $35 yearly dues, pay $20 to participate in all tournaments and qualify for all prizes at that tournament. They will not be eligible for any other active member privileges.Section 6. Celebrity Guests
Celebrity guests can fish any tournament upon approval vote from members prior to that event.Article III Officers, Elections, Meetings
Section 1. Officers
1. The elected officers are charged with making the decisions required for operation of the Club, subject to review and consensual approval of the membership. The Officers of the Club will be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Tournament Directors (2) and Media Director.Section 2. Executive Committee
5. Media Director - The SJKBFC media direction will be responsible for:
February general membership meeting by nomination made from the floor by any Member and seconded by any other Member. Candidates must be present to accept nomination and office.
(1) Week in advance of the meeting date. No business shall be transacted at a Special Meeting except that for which notice is given.Article IV Operating Funds
Section 1. Operating Fund
1. All funds payable to the club shall be deposited by the Treasurer in a depository approved by the Executive Committee. These funds shall be the Operating Fund of the Club.Article V Association Termination,
Section 1. Association Termination
1. In the event of termination of the Club any remaining Club funds and assets shall be dispersed to a charitable organization selected by a majority decision of the Executive Committee.Section 2. Expulsions
1. If any member is charged with improper conduct or with violating the provisions of the Constitution or By-Laws of the Club, such charges shall be brought before the Executive Committee for review. If such charges are found to have sufficient weight, the Secretary shall notify the member of the charges at least one week before the next meeting of the Club. The Member shall be required to appear at such meeting and show just cause, why he/she should not be censured, deprived of the privileges of the Club, or expelled from membership in the Club. If the Member fails to appear at such meeting or is found guilty of the charge, the Member shall, upon a majority vote of the Members present, be censured, be deprived of the privileges of the Club, or be expelled from membership in the Club. If a member is expelled no refunds of club dues or fees will be issued and will be forfeited to the club. If a member is expelled he/she will forfeit all rights to any future club AwardsArticle VI End of year banquet
Section 1. End of Year Banquet
Club Year End Awards will then be presented.
Awards are defined in the
SJKBFC Awards document. Members and significant others are invited.
The Banquet will be free to members, being funded by club dues and tournament revenue, with the following exception. In order to attend the banquet, members that have entered fewer than 4 tournaments that season, may encounter an additional cost as deemed by the executive committee and voted on by the membership at the December meeting.Article VII Amendments, Enacting Clause
Section 1. Amendments
1. The Bylaws of the Club may be amended at a regular meeting by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present, provided that written or verbal notice of the proposed amendment has been distributed to the entire membership at least two weeks before the meeting it will be voted upon. The By-Laws, when amended, shall be revised and reposted on the Club Website.Section 2. Enacting Clause
1. These By-Laws shall take effect upon ratification of members.
Article VIII Membership Code of Conduct
Section 1. Membership Code of Conduct
Club Members and Guests are required to follow this Code at ANY club-sponsored event:
Any action by a member, which would reflect dishonor and disgrace on the club, will result in immediate recommendation to the Executive Committee for termination of membership. No refunds of club dues will be issued in the event of termination of membership.